- Six inches of water will stall or cause control issues in most passenger vehicles.
- A foot of water will float many passenger vehicles.
- Two feet of rushing water can carry away most passenger vehicles including SUV’s and pick-ups.
- Never attempt to drive through a flooded road, depth is not always obvious and the roadbed may be washed away under the surface.
- Do not drive around barricades.
- Do not try to take short cuts and stick to designated evacuation routes.
- Avoid driving at night when it is harder to recognize flood dangers.